Route History

Date of introduction
Gar
Mon-Fri
Sat
Sun
05.01.74
PR
8RT
7RT
5RT

POPLAR Baths - Cubitt Town - Millwall - Limehouse - MILE END (M-Sat) - Victoria Park - HACKNEY STN. (Mon-Fri evgs,Sat 0600-0900 and 1900 - 2300 / Suns)
Route 277A was introduced because the 277 was made OPO but the new buses had problems manipulating some of the bridges on the Isle of Dogs thus this RT route was introduced until the problem could be solved

Route 277 was withdrawn between Cubitt Town and Poplar as a consequence

1974 times
Extracted from November 1974 Red Book
rt3221
RT3221 seen at the Poplar stand
Part of the RT/RTL download which is available for sale
RT family

06.08.76
LAST DAY OF OPERATION -
replaced by revised 277

Operating Garage

PR Poplar
Changeover point probably Poplar Baths ?